I started with the lining first so I could make sure the fit was right. I used a blue, water soluble marking pen for all pattern markings. I wanted to make sure everything was where it should be.
This is the marking pen I use. On a light colored fabric I mark right through the pattern to make sure they are precisely where they should be.
This fabric has a printed scallop design on the border that I wanted to accentuate so I made sure to line up the pattern to allow for that.
Here is a picture of the markings through the pattern.
I hemmed the lining with a slightly deeper hem than called for so it would be shorter than my main fabric.
The pattern called for folding the fabric and creating an encased edge before pleating. Since I wanted a lightweight sleeve and to showcase the border I only did half the width.
After cutting to length and marking, I practiced my machine's shell stitch on some scrap to get the right setting.
Then I pressed my pleats and basted across the top. Look how pretty these pleats are!
Here is the pleated portion attached to the rest of the sleeve.
I love how quick and easy this pattern was to bring together. Seriously, the hardest part was pressing the pleats.
The sleeves are so fun and flirty. I especially like the lightweight feel of this material. It is totally necessary in the Texas humidity and heat.
I can't wait to make my second version of this awesome pattern. Next up will be view A with the tulip sleeve. Come on back y'all!