Sunday, January 24, 2016

Weekend project----FINALLY!!!

It seems like it has been forever since I was able to take the time to sew. Maybe because it has been. Finally, this weekend I was able to get around to making an outfit that has been waiting to be constructed since September. It felt good to get the creative juices flowing again. 

My outfit started when I found a pretty brown tweed at Hancock Fabric that was  on sale. Once I had the fabric in mind I decided it would make a really cute skirt. That meant I needed to make a blouse to go with it. So, I found a nice earth tone paisley that looks great with the tweed. 

I already had two patterns at home that would work great for my imagined outfit. I used McCall M6035  view B for the blouse and Simplicity 5914 view B for the skirt. They worked out great! Both are fairly easy patterns to follow, and the blouse is customizable according to your cup size. Perfect! 

It took me all day today (2:00pm - 12:30am), but it was worth it. That includes breaks for food, chats with friends, and checking Facebook, LOL.

So, without further ado, here are pictures of my weekend project.






No comments:

Post a Comment