Sunday, January 7, 2018

Man, I am so far behind!


      

So, last time I posted was right after my cruise with my sweet guy. I have done a lot of sewing since then, but for some reason, just never got around to posting about it. So, I am going to do a project dump. If you have any questions about the projects shown, just ask. One of my goals for the new year is to be better about posting on here. So, I apologize, and hope I can do better form here.



Pokémon shirt I made for my nephew using McCall pattern #M6044 and fabric from www.fabric.com #madewithfabric Also, the pokeball buttons were made by my daughter and I using shrinky dinks. He loved it!




                                 
                        

    

This blouse was made using #M7436 in this beautiful crepe from www.fabric.com and the skirt is #B5466 in a 21wale corduroy in navy that is also from fabric.com.

 

    Image may contain: one or more people and people standing
This is from #B5211 in a foiled denim from www.joann.com. I really loved the way this turned out because I can style it different ways just depending on what accessories I had. And a bonus is that this pattern is so super easy!
 
 

Pajamas I made for my younger daughter (on the left) and modeled before shipping by my older daughter. Fabric is a Doodles knit from joanns.com and pattern is Butterick #B5667.

 

Image may contain: 5 people, people standing and text   This is Simplicity #1014 made is navy jersey knit and stretch velour from Joann.com from the Glitterbug collection.

  

Leggings I made from the Glitterbug collection stretch velour as well in McCall #M6173. She wanted some leggings that were velvety soft.

  This is Butterick #B6388 in a Doodle knit fabric also from Joann.com. As you can see from the note on the picture, there are pockets in the pattern, but I did not like the way it hung after they were in. I still do not particularly like the way it turned out so I am going to try to make some alterations later to hopefully like it better before next Christmas season.


  

  

   

Christmas skirts for my girls and I. Made with fabric from my stash that was purchased in previous years. Can't tell you exactly wear. Most likely Joanns and Hancock. The patterns are McCall #M7197 #M7022 and another make of Butterick #B5466. The shirt with the appliques I made for my daughter using a metallic thread for outlining and WonderUnder to fuse to the shirt.


       This tree skirt and the stockings were made from McCall #M3777. I excluded the extra cuff at the top of the stockings. The fabric was from Joanns last year.

 

Image may contain: indoor  Image may contain: bedroom and indoor

These are pillowcases I made using a method off of Pinterest and made with more fabric from my stash. These I honestly can not tell you where they came from as they were accumulated over years.
And here is the link for the pillowcase method I used.

Of course I made pajamas for Christmas Eve for my rugrats. I used Butterick #B6296 for the girls and Simplicity #8022 for my son. I later went back and added patch to pockets to his after he complained because the girls had pockets and he didn't. LOL (Talk about a switch up). The fabrics are snuggle flannel from Joanns.

 

 

The last thing I made in 2017 was a laptop bag for my oldest daughter to take back to school with her. I used keepsake calico prints she picked form Joanns. The pattern I found on Pinterest here and it turned out great. Although I did somehow end up putting the top zipper in inside out. But it still worked and I decided it just made it more secure. LOL Daughter didn't mind so I left it.

   





Yeah I was a little busy. Didn't realize how much I hadn't posted until now. Now that the holidays are over, I will be starting again. I will definitely be posting about it my sewing more often. Thanks for going through my photo dump. Have a sew special 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment